Tuesday, September 22, 2009

BYU: The Fallout

Well, another BCS pipedream already up in smoke. I had aspirations of a possible appearance in the National Championship game, but now - after the beating we took from Florida State in Provo on Saturday - we'll be lucky to get to another Vegas Bowl. At this point, I almost want TCU to beat us so they can run the table and represent the Mountain West Conference in a BCS bowl.

The Oklahoma victory got me so pumped up! That was the game I expected to lose, not Florida State. If we can beat the No. 3 team in the country in front of 80,000 mostly hostile fans, why on earth can an unranked Florida State score 54 points on us in front of 66,000 home fans?

Oh well, at least I won't have to spend my next 10 Saturdays devoted to BYU football. I wanted BCS and I wanted it on the 25th anniversary of BYU's biggest claim to fame - the 1984 National Championship. Now, we are shooting for the Mountain West "Chump-ionship"

Alas, BYU's out. USC is out. I have no idea to root for in college anymore.

The good news is, the Ravens offense is the best its ever appeared. The defense could use a little help, but I would like a deep post-season run by the Ravens very much. Coach Harbaugh and Cam Cameron have that team poised to win, and win big.

No comments: