Monday, January 25, 2010

Super "Awesome" Bowl

Although my Ravens lost to the stupid Colts, at least they were able to dominate the Patriots in the first round. I couldn't be happier for RB Ray Rice and his breakout Pro Bowl season, along with radical rookie Michael Oher from "The Blindside". I am very excited about the matchup of Saints QB Drew Brees vs. four-time NFL MVP Peyton Manning and his star rookie receiver, BYU's own Austin Collie!

The Jazz are being stubborn and not trading Carlos Boozer while his stock is high. Please don't wait until the off-season to trade him. Get something for him now while he's averaging 20 points and 10 rebounds. Why did you give Paul Millsap the $$$ this summer if you're too stubborn to trade Boozer. It makes no sense!

BYU men's basketball is enjoying it's best regular season since 1988 (when I moved from Idaho Falls to the state of Washington at the age of 9) and I didn't even play H-O-R-S-E in the driveway. I hope the Cougars can get a Mountain West regular season and tournament championship, secure a 3 or 4 seed and actually win a game in March Madness. It's time for the NCAA tournament losing streak to stop.

Oh, and I am officially engaged to a lovely girl named Camille. We are getting married March 26th in Salt Lake. We are super busy trying to buy a house and plan a wedding. It's lucky I even had time for this blog... oh, and we got a puppy, who keeps us plenty busy, too.

2 comments:

Craig Barlow B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Craig Barlow B. said...

God has truly blessed Austin Collie for his righteous conduct both on and off the field.

Contrary to the fact that I don't pay loads of attention to the Jazz except very casually, I'm actually pretty interested in Boozer's fate. I watch with interest.

Congratulations to you and Camille. You make a great team. (Sports reference. I know things about sports.)