Monday, January 4, 2010

2009: Year in Review

2009 has come and gone faster than I can rememeber! The year and decade are now over. What a weird decade and I will post a 2000's recap a little later.


Last year, I wrote a funny 2008 Christmas Card entry at http://averagejoesports.blogspot.com/2008/12/2008-christmas-card.html to catch up on what happened last year in my life. This year, I'll just recap.


January: I ventured out on my first-ever single’s cruise to Mexico . I enjoyed non-stop gorging on cruise food , seeing the location where the 1984 movie “Predator” in Puerto Vallarta was filmed, and paying off some dirty cops in Matzatlan after my friend injured herself on a 4-wheeler.


February: I welcomed two new nephews into my family, baby Seth and baby Jonah.


March: My sister Beka was married in Logan and we introduced a really cool brother-in-law to the family, Nathan.


April: We’ll call this chick concert month because I went to see Lily Allen, the Ting Tings, and Britney Spears. I must have been feeling a lot of estrogen that month. Full story at: http://averagejoesports.blogspot.com/2009/04/lily-allen-ting-tings-britney-jocelyn.html


May: I enjoyed a trip to Zions National Park , and also finished editing a movie that I filmed all the way back in 2006.


June: This was a fun month because our softball team (which is usually terrible) named “Jim’s Orphans” finally started winning and we were on our way to becoming softball champions. To read more: http://averagejoesports.blogspot.com/2009/07/jims-orphans-2009-softball-champs.html Oh, I got an iPhone and joined Twitter. http://www.twitter.com/averagejoseph


July: My 30th birthday! What an event filled weekend. First my, grandpa died, then I had a film festival for my movie http://www.dunkballmovie.com On the way down to the film festival, our car broke down, so I spent a good part of my 30th birthday stuck in Barstow, CA with a crook who disguised himself as an owner of an auto repair shop. “Dunkball” won the film festival for "Best Micro Short", and when I got back, I found out that I had been laid off from my job at z-bank.


August: This was quite an eventful month because two things happened simultaneously. I found a new job and a new girlfriend in the same week. Just when I thought I was going to become an unemployed bum with thoughts of relocating anywhere I could, I found peace a solace in a new and exciting position with an amazing girlfriend named Camille.


September: I went to California w/ Camille for the SoCal Film Festival where “Dunkball” was screened.


October: Rocked the best Halloween costume ever as David Bowie from the movie “The Labrynth” and I hit my first ever home runs of my life in a softball game.


November: Enjoyed the best Thanksgiving in years with most of my family up in Kennewick , WA .


December: Welcomed Camille back from her month-long trip to southeast Asia. And spend Christmas with her family and New Years in a hot tub on the 26th floor of American Towers watching the fireworks.



Hopefully, 2010 can be the best year and decade ever!

3 comments:

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

Your David Bowie costume is still my most favorite...ever! I really don't know what you can ever do to top it. Hopefully Camille has another fun couples costume up her sleeve.

Ps-2009 rocked, but I predict that 2010 will rock even harder!!

Cheers buddy! Happy New Year!

Aynna banahna said...

Yay! That does sound like a good year. And Seth was born the end of January, not February.

Love you, Joe! We still need to have you and Camille over for food. I just made sweet n sour chicken last night and it turned out really yummy! So I can make chinese food for Camille because you did say she really likes it.

Johnny 5 said...

So no Ravens playoff coverage? No thoughts on the playoffs in general? The Jazz? The best season I have ever seen from BYU basketball in my lifetime? Joe are you distracted by something?