Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My First Home Run

I'd just like to announce to everybody that I hit my first ever home run yesterday at softball practice! I know, I know, it was just practice, and it was a practice on a shorter field. But listen to me, if you have ever seen me play softball, I'm lucky to hit it out of the infield. So when I was doing batting practice, and the guy behind home plate was giving me a few pointers, then I crushed that ball over that shorter fence, it felt great!

I doubt this will translate to my terrible softball team on Thursday night, but for one swing, the ball went over, and I can live with that forever.

It reminded me of the first time I ever dunked a basketball. Sure, it was in Brazil and I would guess the rim was about an inch or two shorter than a regulation hoop, but for a few weeks in the summer of 2002, I was dunking it with regularity in the southern hemisphere, and I too, can live with that forever.

If only I could have scored a touchdown in a real football game with pads, but that will never happen... I knew that when I took off my helmet after my final game my senior year that it was over. But I'll take 2 out of 3 any time.

I guess I could forever wait for a hole-in-one in golf, but since golf is not a real sport, I don't have to worry about that.

1 comment:

newby said...

yeah, no worries about golf. you could wait 40-50 years to pick it up and still get lucky.