Wednesday, April 2, 2008

20-25

Dear readers (all sixof you). We have updated the Top-25 list and hopefully we can double it to the Top-50 of celebrities that you would want to hang out with. The idea of it was that it is a list of people we would hang out with if they were normal people.

The Goal: 100 names of celebrities, actors, athletes, entertainers, musicians, comedians, writers or just anyone with a name who you could see hanging out with (watching the game, playing some Xbox, shooting the breeze, etc).

The Rules:

No Mega Stars. And besides, would you really wanna hang with the Michael Jordan, Tom Cruise, Bono type? Not me. We're lookin' for the guys you could call on a Friday night to come play cards and they might actually be available. We are trying to be somewhat realistic here.

20-21. The rest of Green Day. Says one loyal reader:

Billie Joe was way cool that time Clint and I met him in Park City, but i would probably want to hang out with the whole band. I mean why not? Tre complimented Clint on his jacket when he was just walking by and Mike D. was chill, too.

22. Kaley Cuoco: TV Actress from "Big Bang Theory." Ok, she may be a little out of the league, but she hangs with nerds on the show. Can we all have a cute friend next door?

23. Andrei Kirelenko - Utah Jazz: He's your token foreign guy who would say funny things in English due to lack of translation. He's goofy, and he plays a lot of video games.


24. Jack White - The White Stripes. Two votes were received.

He would be the super interesting, but really eccentric friend. For some reason, I'd love to talk to him and figure out what goes on in his head.

Another reader remarks:

I'd give anything to meet Jack White and have a serious musical discussion with him, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be very hang-outable."

25. Tina Fey: Former SNL news anchor, "30 Rock." Personally, I've never been the biggest Tina Fey fan, but anyone who could bring us something as quotable as "Mean Girls" can make this list. Plus, she does a great Sarah Palin. Reader says:

I can't believe I forgot to mention Tina Fey. She's totally at the top of the chicklist, and by chicklist I mean "one of the guys, but is actually a girl" list.

I need a music chick...

3 comments:

boneck family said...

norm macdonald!? hell yeah!

Monica said...

I nominate Matthew McConaughey for the list. I've seen him in a few interviews, and he always comes across as being really laid back with a good sense of humor. Plus, he likes to play the bongos, nekid.

Also, I'd like to nominate Nelly Furtado. Her last album was really great. And in between each song on the album, they added in short sound bytes of Nelly joking around with her producers...She seems really cool, and she can be kinda sporty sometimes too from what I've noticed in the past.

dre said...

I want to say that Tina is MY GIRL! She's nothing but gold!

Vetos:
Kyle Korver, I broke away from the spell, and he's only religious to find some sweet untouch mormon blond punani to hit. And it's f-ing hair! It covers his giant caveman forhead. And I would hate to hang with an NBA player, their egos are bigger than tupac!
Matt Shirtless McConaughey: I would shoot myself in the face if I had a conversation with him. "Matt, why can't you construct sentences?" Matt, why are you mumbling?" "Matt, my face is up here!"
Nelly Furtado: She said the wrong name in her acceptance speech for her grammy. So her kidding around with her producers is a a sham cuz she can't even get their names right.

Man I feel like a hater, Sorry guys! You want a musik chick! Hayley Williams from Paramore. She even acts like a boy and she's 19. I know you like the young ones. And she part punk so she would get chased by the police.