Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Woes of a Falcons Fan

Average Joe is still probably more of a pro sports fan than college, but it was interesting to see a fan-in-mourning's opinion:   

From Joe to Fan:   

It looks like Bobby Petrino turned out to be a bum, sorry about your team man.
Who are you rooting for in the playoffs? Colts? Packers?

-Average Joe

Response from Fan:   

I lamented the decision to hire that carpet-bagger way back when it happened if you'll remember.  I really thought at the time that Ken Whisenhunt was the man for the job.  He was, Petrino wasn't.  I lump Petrino in with Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, etc. -- all of those coaches just positioning themselves for their next job.  Thank goodness for guys like Bronco Mendenhall whose word actually means something.  I'm so done with the Falcons, I think even the most loyal Falcon fans are having a hard time with the way this season has gone.  I'm done with the NFL for that matter.  It's no secret that my interest in professional sports seems to decrease more each passing year.  Especially being here in the south, college sports are where it's at.  The people here figured that out long ago.  So as for who am I rooting for in the playoffs?  No one.  I know one thing, I hate Bill Bellicheat and the Patriots and I'll cheer for anything to happen that will prevent them from winning.  Including a multi-car crash with Tom Brady involved.  I hate those guys. I hate the Cowboys. Colts are good guys but they lost their appeal by winning last year. I hate the Steelers, etc.  I guess I like Brett Favre okay, but screw the NFL. I'll be so into college basketball by the time the playoffs roll around, it won't get much attention from me.

Sincerely, 
A Very Jaded Ex-Falcons Fan

No comments: