Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Why the Utes Suck


Q: Alright name some things on your list.

A: Bandwagon: You're right about that. Every college has their bandwagon fans (including BYU - remember 2001 with Staley) but the Utes jump off their bandwagon so fast. These last few years with the basketball team going down the toilet is a perfect example. The Huntsman Center used to be rated as one of top places to play in the Nation. Now it's a joke on game day. Same with football, most of our arguments come from knowing Paul. He jumped on the Urban bandwagon so fast. He did travel with the crazies this past year even when then Utes are going downhill fast, but I don't see him being a die hard in 3 years when Kyle W. gets fired.

Mixing the church in the rivalry: It's so ignorant. When they come to Cougar stadium wearing a t-shirt "My Testimony is Bigger than Yours". That's great. We never said we had a bigger testimony... I mean Wyoming and other schools can make fun of the Mormon influence at BYU, but when over half your school is LDS, why make fun of it. It's lame. I know I used to think that the Utes were all jack, but now I know better after living here for a few years. But still: it's gets old. Find something new. Remember when someone held up the mug shot at the BYU/Utah game for Spivey, or whatever point guard got busted at the U. That's original. It's good stuff.

1 comment:

Nick said...

I don't think that it would be appropriate to call it the UTE bandwagon anymore. With how things started for the UTES last tuesday, Asiago (Broken leg); Johnson (Dislocated shoulder), I would imagine that you could fit all of the old UTE bandwagon into one of those old red radio flyer little handwagon's. That is of course if they are too embarrassed to associate themselves with somthing that is red. My only regret of about the UTE loss is it makes the MWC look weaker and I since i am no longer working at Wells Fargo I couldn't enjoy the silence that accompanies the misery of UTE fans having nothing to run thier mouths about. Go Cougs!